I have been following Salon Books since Week 1. Salon’s audience gets information on books
that are often nonfiction and about current political and social topics as well
as artists and historical figures that were influential in their time. While I found much of the information interesting, for my branch and the questions I frequently get, the information I gained will not be particularly
useful.
The portions of EarlyWord that I will find most
useful are the Titles to Know and Recommend and the Early Word Kids. However, now that I have had a chance to
browse, I realize just how much information can be reached from the site. It is convenient to have easy access to one
of the many lists that are put out by publishers and consumer media outlets. I am also glad to have a place to go to see
what books have recently become movies and, although I may never take advantage
of the Author Chats, I think it is great to have access.
Days of Awe by Lauren Fox will appeal to many as it follows
a woman’s journey through life from “having it all,” marriage, motherhood, and
great friends, to losing much and learning to live on anyway. The characters are well developed and likable
and the tone is both funny and moving as we come to realize, from a woman's perspective, what is “really”
important.
No comments:
Post a Comment